Helping your Parent Teacher Groups Succeed! | 8/29/2019
5 Good Ways to Find New School Volunteers
- Advertise Positions. Create a flyer or section of your newsletter with descriptions of the jobs you need help for. Include the duties of the position, likely time commitment, and other pertinent information.
- Create of List. One of the biggest fears is to be sucked into a black hole of never-ending time commitment. Create a list of all the things a volunteer can do in 1 to 2 hours to help your group.
- Ask. The number one reason why people don’t volunteer is that no one asked. Ask with a specific task in mind.
- Bring Friends. Ask existing members to issue personal invitations to people they know.
- Don’t Wait. If someone expressed interest in an event that is months away ask them for more involvement.
This is a summary of data that can be found at PTO Today.